Today I saw about 40 Greater Flamingos from the upstairs breezeway in
Flamingo.  The birds were very far but the lighting was great and there was
very little if any heat shimmer.  Look east from the breezeway looking
between the north shoreline and Joe Kemp key, the birds were seen here today
around 2:00 p.m.  You will need to use a scope to get decent views, this
SURE beats being tortured by Mosquitoes walking down Snake Bight Trail!!
This is the third time that I have been able to see them from the breezeway
in the last 15 years or so.

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL.
E-mail:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.southfloridabirding.com <http://www.southfloridabirding.com/>