   This bird was apparently seen on
> the 5th or 6th of Feb.  Vince Lucas made mention of a possible Eurasion
> Teal at the wildlife sanctuary. (Thanks Vince).  I didn't learn of it
> until late yesterday, the 9th, and since I live on the island, this
> seems a little ridiculous.  If it hadn't been for Vince's single posting
> and follow-up yesterday, I may have never known of this bird.
(snip)
- just get the word out.

The sighting of the Eurasian Teal was reported on at least two FL
listservs on Feb. 6 by Vince Lucas.  Since that time there have been at
least ten follow-up messages on two lists regarding the teal as to
countability etc.   I don't see a problem with the listservs getting the
word out.

Margie Wilkinson
St. Pete, FL