Hi All,

Spring is slowly creeping up on us, yesterday at Babcock-Webb I heard
several Bachman's Sparrows singing there hearts out. Pretty early for that eh?  Also
saw the usually pine woods species like Brown-headed Nuthatch &  Red-cockaded
Woodpeckers. A little bit more unusually were two Hairy Woodpeckers  by the
RCW cluster on Oil Grade. Also found a Grasshopper Sparrow near the gun  range
and a Limpkin along the ditch near the entrance. Heard two King Rails call  in
the big marsh and found another Hairy Woodpecker in some tall pines along the
 backside of Webb Lake.
Good Birding,
Brian  Ahern
Tampa, FL.