Today, while reading a book in the sunny part of the yard I heard a different
call than usual.  The first thought that came to mind was an oriole but I
just didn't know for sure, promising I would listen to a CD tonight to see what I
did hear.  I was watching my Ruby-throated male bugging in the neighbor's
bottlebrush tree when I saw a streak of orange fly in.  Figured it was a robin
since they are very numerous in my yard.  It WAS a Baltimore Oriole. A bright,
freshly plumed male.  A very nice surprise.  I had not seen any since my 30+
influx last October.  I immediately pounded in some nails on the top of the
fence and gathered oranges, cut then and stabbed them onto the nails.  Since it is
cold, the oriole(s?) just might be grateful!  I know the hummingbirds have
been happy to have ready-made carbs.  They really stoke up around 4-5 PM (one
male and one female.)

Meret S Wilson
Tomoka State Park Bird Banding Station
Ormond Beach, FL