Early this afternoon I found a first winter Iceland Gull at the jetty at Huguenot Park in Jacksonville. This is presumably the same bird found by R.D. Wallace January 30 on Amelia Island. The bird was first seen on the north side of the jetty in a mixed flock of gulls. The bird was observed and photographed from as close as 40 feet for about an hour. The gull eventually flew off and headed south over the river. About 20 minutes later I checked the sandbar on the north side of the Ft Georfe bridge and saw the bird at that location. Also present at Huguenot was a reasonably approachable peregrine falcon.

Bob Richter
Beyond the Limits of Civilization, Baker County