I suddenly came upon the Glaucous Gull at Black Point about 9:00 a.m. today.
It was sitting on a rock on the shore of the jetty just 10 feet from the
jetty trail.  It was alone.  The spot was at the site of a concrete slab on
the jetty trail that bridges a cut in the jetty.  This slab is past the end
of the pavement on the trail.

The high tide at Snake Bight was 3:10 p.m.  I left at 4:30.  I and others
failed to see any Flamingo.  There were about a half dozen Lesser
Black-backed Gulls present, several Great White Herons, and large
concentrations of Willet, Black Skimmer, Dowitcher, and Black-bellied
Plover.  A Peregrine Falcon was active here!  Earlier, I had found
White-crowned Pigeons, Caspian Terns, Ovenbirds, and Hermit  Thrush.

In the residential neighborhood north of Kendall Drive across from the
Baptist Hospital in Kendall, Fl. I found two beautiful Spot-breasted Orioles
perched atop a tree in full sunlight.  Wow!

Dave Thurston
Naples, Florida