While on my way to do my Red-cockaded Woodpecker survey today I stopped
to see if Woodcock's happen to be at their historic site on Croom Road
in Hernando County. None there! I tried another site where I found them
a few years ago but with no luck however at the second site there were
2-3 "Whip's" calling very loudly and clearly in the pre dawn.

They were heard from the horse trailer area opposite the fire tower and
Forestry buildings on Croom Road (Tucker Hill).  This is about .8 mile
after you leave the paved (Croom) road and will be on the left.

--
Murray Gardler
9400 Merriweather Drive