My take on wintering over Ovenbirds is that they are not infrequent.  I
banded several at Tomoka State Park and have recaptured one in December that was
banded in October.  Richard Poole usually gets a wintering Ovenbird or 2 as
well.  We did band and recapture more at Rock Springs for whatever reason.
Tomoka, Wekiva and Rock Springs all have areas of similar habitat that Ovenbirds
like.  In fact:  we found them to be very site specific as recaptures over the
years.  Same area and often very same net.

Meret S Wilson
Tomoka State Park Bird Banding Station
Ormond Beach, FL