When I was birding around Winter Park, FL, from the late 40's to the
mid-60"s, ovenbirds used to winter in pretty good numbers.  They were often easily
found searching for food in the mulch leaves under the azalea bushes along Genius
Drive, around the Rollins College campus, Kraft Azalea Gardens and in
anyone's yard that had nice beds of mulched azaleas.  I had them every winter when I
lived north of Maitland on Hwy 17-92, later when my family moved to the south
shore of Lake Jessup (Tuskawilla Shores) and, finally, at my own little home
in Orlando's College Park where each home had LOTS of mulched azaleas.
Consequently, we had wintering ovenbirds at each residence, and, I believe. we always
had them on the Christrmas Counts.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN