Hi David,

In case you're interested, our statnet program can simulate networks based
on exponential random graph models.  The parameters can either be supplied
on an ad hoc basis, or estimated from an existing network, and then used
to simulate a network with the same structure. The package is written for
the R statistical computing environment, so it runs on any computing
platform that supports R

More info at:

www.csde.washington.edu/statnet

We've just made a beta version publicly available.  For now, to be able to
track down any bugs that people find, we're asking people to use the
program in a controlled environment on our windows terminal server (the
program will run on any platform that supports R, incl. Linux/Unix, Macs
and Windows).  The webpage explains how you can get access to that.  And
I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

best, Martina

 On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, David Kaplan wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Is there software available to generate simulated data according to known social network structures?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David
>

> =====================================
> David Kaplan, PhD
> Professor of Education
> School of Education
> University of Delaware
> Newark DE 19716
>
> Voice:             302-831-8696
> Fax:                302-831-4110
> email:              mailto:[log in to unmask]
> Homepage:     http://www.udel.edu/dkaplan
> SOE page:      http://www.udel.edu/educ

 Director
 Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology
 Box 353412
 University of Washington
 Seattle, WA 98195-3412

 Office:        (206) 685-3402