Dear all,
I just re-read Barry Wellman's excellent introduction to structural analysis (Wellman & Berkowitz 1988). For those of you who know the paper, I'm curious about how you (especially Barry) would update the last short section of that text, "The state of the art", if it was to be revised and published today (a key statement in that section was that the explanatory achievements of structural analysis were uneven and not yet clear).
Best wishes,
/Christofer