This morning there was one Pectoral Sandpiper and 3 Stilt Sandpipers (as
well as both yellowlegs and Least Sandpipers) at the pond just south of the
Wal-Mart Distribution Center east of Brooksville in Hernando County. It is
possible that these are the same Stilt Sandpipers that Ron Smith reported
there in late February. The birds will be difficult to see without a scope.

 From the intersection of I-75 and SR-50, drive east one mile to the
traffic light at Kettering Road and turn right. In 1.5 mile look at the
borrow pit on the left, just south of the entrances to the Wal-Mart
Distribution Center.

Bev Hansen
Spring Hill, FL