Harry Hooper said:

>But of special note, late yesterday morning I had a light phase
>Short-tailed Hawk circle on thermals over the house.  This is the first
>short-tailed I have seen on the island.  Does anyone have info on their
>status on Sanibel?

Hi Harry:

At least two Short-tailed Hawks have been seen at Ding Darling NWR on
Sanibel since late January/early February by the rovers on the Wildlife
Drive as well as Don & Lillian Stokes to name a few. I've not been up on
the island very much  because that $6 fee to cross the Sanibel Causeway
is a real deterant!

Cheers.

Vince Lucas
Naples