Hey Everybirdy,

  My better half and I took a late afternoon wander through Blackpoint
Wildlife Drive today.  Some of the highlights:
  Stop 2: 60+ Stilt Sandpipers
  Stop 4: Least and Western Sandpipers, Dunlin and Black-bellied Plovers
  Stop 11: Peregrine Falcon- who was being carefully monitored by 3
Boat-tailed Grackle barely 3 feet above it as they all were sharing the same pine tree.
  Checked out the Great Horned Owls "renting" the Bald Eagles nest.  Only saw
one owlet head popping up.  Over the past weekend I saw the mom and two downy
heads in the nest.

  What kind of day at the Refuge would it be if we didn't check out behind
Pumphouse Rd?
  Bald Eagle
  American Avocets 50+
  Ruddy Ducks approx.60
  Lesser Scaup 100+
  Marbled Godwits 18
  American Wigeon 100+
  Northern Shoveler 8
  Least Sandpiper 200+
  Western sandpiper 100+
  Red Knot 50+

  Some of the Westerns were starting to break out their Spring attire.
  The remainder of this post is not for the faint of heart, but we are
reasonably certain there were some ........Semipalmated Sandpipers out there!!!
While the peeps were pretty spread out, there was an apparent size difference
in both body and bill when one would cross a Western's path in scope view.
.....and that's all I have to say about that. LOL
See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville, FL.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)