Hey Everybirdy,

  It has been brought to my attention that I should consider the possibility
that I might have mistaken Cave Swallows for Cliff Swallows.
 I was aware of Cave Swallows being spotted elsewhere in the state.  Hadn't
given any thought of my chances of seeing one.
  At the time I was viewing this particular flock of Tree Swallows, I had
noticed the Barn Swallows among them.  I was trying to pay particular attention
to the Barn Swallows when I thought two looked a bit odd (pale rump).  My first
assumption was that they were females but I didn't recall field marks on the
rump for Barn.  After referring to Sibley's and seeing the Cliff had the dark
throat, I was elated to have found something new.
  I did not pay attention to the forehead markings and did not even consider
the Cave Swallow.
  One of the many advantages of participating in these lists is drawing on
the experiences of others and knowing when to say oops! lol
  I wish I had paid more attention to the other markings and now I certainly
will!!  Was it a Cliff Swallow?  I think so.  Am I 100% positive?  No.  Tune
in tomorrow.
  My thanks to those who thoughtfully questioned my oversight.

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville, FL.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)