Hello All,

Yesterday I began to compose my first message to the group.  Seeing that no
one (read: Dave Simpson) had yet reported on the Charlotte Harbor 100 event,
I decided that someone should.  Running out of time before I completed my
thoughts, I didn't send it (and won't!  I won't spoil Dave's story by
inserting the results before he does.)  I do hope that his account(s) will
encourage many more out-of-county folks to join us next year and to view
Charlotte County as a pretty darn good birding destination.  We Peace River
Audubon folks had fun, and learned a lot about speed birding.  Most of us
were new to the sport.  Incidentally, the money goes for 4th grade
environmental education, a project Peace River Audubon has supported in the
past.

Eleanor Marr
J. William Marr
Charlotte County, FL