Egan's Wetland this morning: despite the gloomy weather we found abundant Common Snipe in sharp alternate plumage, FOS Pectoral Sandpipers, nos. of both Yellowlegs, Dunlin, Least sandpipers, Short-billed Dowitchers, Semipalmated plovers, Killdeer, one Black-bellied plover and one Am. Golden plover passing very near us, emitting one call and pitching into the wetland amongst the masses of shorebirds. (Despite intense searching we could not relocate the bird after the initial sighting)

(ca) 24 Blue-winged teal, 1 Green-wing teal and one "tail-less" Mottled duck (bare stub projecting) 3 Wood duck aloft, few Hooded mergansers in impoundments. Usual assortment of waders.

Bailey Road Soccer Fields: Killdeer, one common snipe (softball outfields) - no other shorebirds (no standing water)  1 Am. Kestrel, male-female No. harrier and one red-tailed hawk aloft

Doris and Patrick Leary, Fernandina Beach, Nassau County, FL