  At around 7:00pm a male CHUCK-WILL'S WIDOW was singing in a large Southern Magnolia in the backyard.  He has now moved toward the back of the woods and has continued there.  CHIMNEY SWIFTS have finally arrived on the island.  I noted the first ones here over A1A around 9:30am.
  A R-T HUMMINGBIRD was observed yesterday (3/29) attempting to feed in the tube-like flowers of a Singigia plant.--(Amber M.)
  Medium flocks of CEDAR WAXWINGS are still being seen sporatically on the island.

Good Birding.

Justin Rink
Amelia Island
Fernandina Beach, Nassau Co.