Hey Everybirdy,

  Did a little running around after work today.  All the regulars are where
they like to be.  Notables?
  3 Marbled Godwits off of E. Gator Creek Rd. ( just took a quick look, could
be more)
  3 Red-breasted Mergansers (females) off of the north shore of Parrish Beach
Park certainly caught my eye.  Had seen one lone one about 3 1/2 weeks ago
off of Biolab in the Lagoon and pretty much assumed that'd be the last one I saw
until the fall.  Me, of all people, should know better than to assume
anything!! LOL :)
  A fun sighting:  There's a tree along the end staightaway on Biolab Rd,
that is a frequent perch for a Loggerhead Shrike.  Apparently some Boat-tailed
Grackles are aware of this as well.  Watching it for a few....it flew off and
snatched a dragonfly and returned to it's perch.  It then impaled it's prey on
the tip of a broken branch to begin dining.  Barely 2 seconds after securing
it's meal the BT Grackle flew by and grabbed it, dropped to the ground and ate
it.  Needless to say the Shrike was speechless!  But under it's breath I swear
I heard some grumbling, it sounded like.................

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville, FL.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)