Hello lucky Florida Birders, (because you have so many birds)

I am from VT and am coming to FL 4/11-4/15 on a business trip.  My
wish list is fairly short and I am hoping some of you might be able to
help; worm eating warbler and dicksissel.   Of course, every songbird
is a thrill.  Is there a place where I might be more apt to find either of
these guys?  Is there a "best place" to go for migrating songbirds?
Merritt Island NWR is one of my favorite places, but I'm not sure if I
would see migrating songbirds there.

I will be staying in the Kissimmee area and may have to work each
day, but I can be up early and out there.  The best thing is to know
where to look.  I do have the FL Birding Trail maps and Pranty's guide
to FL.  Also, am willing to travel, some days further than others
depending on my workload.

Someone told me Fort DeSoto is one of the best places during
migration.  Any comment on that is appreciated.  I might even get one
full day to bird if I work really hard all the other days!

Thank you so much for your help.  I enjoy this FLBIRDS list and thank
you all for sharing your sightings.  It is an education.

 Please reply directly to me.  I hope this is an OK post; I have never
posted to this list before.  Thanks again.  If you ever come to VT, I'd
love to share my favorite places with you.  The number of birds,
however, does not compare with sunny FL.

Jo Ann Lafayette Burlington VT  [log in to unmask]