Today was a "10" on a scale of 1 to 10.
Dauphin Island, AL, was awash in migrants. It was also awash with puddles and ponds while every shrub and tangle vibrated with hundreds of warblers, vireos, and buntings. The standing water worked alive with Prothonotaries, and White-eyed Vireos; the trees hosted dozens and dozens of Black and White Warblers. Eighteen species of warblers, four of vireos. These were found all over the island, not just at the Shell Mound. All ditches and low areas held standing water from the heavy rains that put the birds down. Migrants were in the parks, side streets, alongside wet ditches...everywhere.
Among the "best" birds were the following:
Blackburnian
Cerulean
Worm-eating
Prothonotaries (hundreds)
Black and White (dozens and dozens)
Hooded
Swainson's (several)
Ovenbird (several)
Tennessee
Yellow-throated Warbler
Am. Redstart
Black-throated Blue
Palm
La. Waterthrush
Co. Yellowthroat
Kentucky
No. Parula
Yellow-rumped Warblers
Our yard in Gulf Breeze, FL was working alive with birds yesterday (Friday) afternoon, so although we were not home, we suspect the same was true here.
If you can get out birding tomorrow morning, do it. And wear your rubber-ducky boots...it's soaked out there. The northern Gulf coast is the place to be right now for great birding.

Lucy and Bob Duncan
Gulf Breeze