Hello again. First of all, thanks to the *many* people who responded to my
last post (r.e. groupware and social capital), both on and off the
Listserv.

Next question: can anyone forward me (or point me to) any research
analyzing the differences between social networks in rural -vs- urban
settings, or European -vs- American? I'm essentially looking for any
comparative analysis of the density or duration of strong ties in varied
cultural settings, and/or differences in fundamental network structure.

One example: density of family networks in rural Italy, compared to those
in urban America. Another might be the study of multi-generational
friendships in rural/urban-based social groups.

Any similar study of any scale will interest me. Thanks (again) in advance.

--Kim Stedman