See also our papers on networks in rural Malawi and rural Kenya, listed on
www.malawi.upenn.edu or www.kenya.upenn.edu. And there are papers on
networks in Ghana by Casterline and Montgomery

Susan Watkins

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Barry Wellman wrote:

> Kim Steadman wanted to know about networks in rural-urban settings, and
> comparatively across societies.
>
> Two useful sources for personal networks:
>
> 1. Claude Fischer, _To Dwell Among Friends_ (1982). rural-urban northern
> California.
>
> 2. Barry Wellman, ed., _Networks in the Global Village_ (Westview, 1999).
> Comparative, across societies.
>

>  Barry
>
>   Barry Wellman         Professor of Sociology        NetLab Director
>   wellman at chass.utoronto.ca  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman
>
>   Centre for Urban & Community Studies          University of Toronto
>   455 Spadina Avenue    Toronto Canada M5S 2G8    fax:+1-416-978-7162
>              To network is to live; to live is to network

Susan Cotts Watkins
Professor, Department of Sociology
Associate, Population Studies Center
University of Pennsylvania