Valdis -

Without having read the research behind the study, I wonder
how much of this is true.  I can understand taking better
word-of-mouth recommendations from people who you
have met face to face before - on the principle that a day
of meeting is worth a thousand emails - but once you actually
have that tie it strikes me that "internet" shouldn't be a
bad vehicle for the actual communications.

Ed

On 5/5/05, Valdis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Face-to-Face still rules in Word-of-Mouth according to this marketing
> research...
>
> > "Despite widespread technology adoption, marketers must understand
> > that the majority of word-of-mouth is still done at the coffee house,
> > in the mall, over brunch or at the gym,"    [SNIP]  "Although
> > technology and the Internet play a significant role in spreading
> > word-of-mouth, live discussions are still driving the trend."
>
> http://www.nopworld.com/news.asp?go=news_item&key=159
>
> Valdis

Edward Vielmetti at Socialtext in Ann Arbor, MI 48104
+1 734 276 5910
skype, AIM: edwardvielmetti

http://vielmetti.typepad.com
http://www.socialtext.com