Dear Networkers
I am currently looking for empirical information how well the networks of
peasants integrated them into the wider society in the past. In my own research
about kinship and compadrazgo in peasant communities in Mexico I find that
people where quite well connected to the surrounding communities from the
beginning of the 18th century onward. I would very much like to know whether
there are comparable cases which show that the "classical" rural village was
maybe not as closed as terms like the "closed corporate community" suggest.

Thank you very much in advance for any hints.
Best,
Michael