Hello Peter,
I read your response to Leonard's query with interest. What do you
mean when you write, "NOTE: Any instructor can teach or team teach
without any special training: i.e.scripted lessons. It clones
developmental educators overnight..."?

In my experience educators cannot be cloned overnight. Similarly, I
believe scripted lessons, like scripted skills or procedures for
learning, are not effective except on the simplest of problems.
Developmental educators often work with students who, for a variety
of reasons, have not succeeded in typical classes. So, the issues
they need assistance with are unlikely to be simple and formulaic,
otherwise they would have been adequately addressed previously.

I'd also be curious to know if the teachers who use your materials
and are happy with them think that they are "teacher-proof" and
require no professional judgement or expertise on their part to use.
Perhaps you have some comments or testimonials or more substantial
qualitative data from instructors that address this question.

You also make some claims in your marketing pitch below that I would
like substantiated. Could you provide the list with some of this data
and a description of the means by which it was gathered?

Thank you,
Nic

--

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge
Study Strategies Program Coordinator

(510) 643-9278
http://slc.berkeley.edu

SPRING 2005 OFFICE HOURS:
Drop-in: Tu 3:10-4:00 & Thu 1:30-2:30
By Appointment: Mon 4-4:45 & 4:45-5:30, Tu  4-4:45 & 4:45-5:30, Wed
10-30-11:15 & 11:15-12:00, Fri 10-10:30 & 10:30-11:00.

Knowledge emerges only through invention and reinvention,  through
the restless, impatient, continuing, hopeful inquiry men pursue in
the world, with the world, and with each other. --Paolo Freire