A colleague sent the following message to me with a better web link to read
the Chronicle article. The link will expire in just a couple of days.
Thanks for the message.

Also, I have to be careful about cut and pasting messages since it
sometimes brings along all those annoying document formating codes. At
least when I receive some LRNASST messages like the one I sent, it is a
mess. Opps.

-- David

On 23 Jun 2005, [log in to unmask] wrote: hope this helps

This article, "Remedial Courses Increase Chances That Underprepared
Students Will Complete Their Degrees, Study Finds," is available online at
this address:
http://chronicle.com/temp/email.php?id=8ma78c01cs2jnlk03lovbd4h2jej2tdb

This article will be available to non-subscribers of The Chronicle for up
to five days after it is e-mailed. The article is always available to
Chronicle subscribers at this address:
http://chronicle.com/daily/2005/06/2005061702n.htm