-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Hayes
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: support for minority students

Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment on or direct me toward instructive material on
Learner Assistance programs to support academic success for minority
students?  We are just now developing a project to do this here at URI,
and I'd like to study some successful models. I've just read with great
interest Blake and Moore's Retention and Graduation of Black Students: A
Comprehensive Strategy in Darancyk, Higbee and Britt Lindell's Best
Practices for Retention in Higher Education (I'm reading other chapters
now).  I'm hoping some of you might be interested in discussing your
programs (on or off-list), or directing me to useful literature...

Thanks...

David

David Hayes
Director, Academic Enhancement Center