Thanks for your help - I love the idea of having a game format to check
they have read the material :)

Julie

>>> "Joanne Conlon" <[log in to unmask]> 6/3/2005 4:20 PM >>>
Julie --
Give new tutors an assignment to complete before they come to your
Orientation - read tutor manual (or section) or employee handbook.
Then
play Jeopardy or other game format to see if they remember or know the
information.  Involve experienced tutors in making up the basic
questions.
Have new tutors have "buddies" or "mentors" or shadow an experienced
person
for basics.  We use the DVDs which they view on their own time and
come
ready to discuss at interactive sessions.

Just some thoughts --
Joanne

Dr. Joanne C. Conlon
Director,  Student Academic Support