From: "Winnie Cooke" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: Remedial Course Research

Both links worked for me without a password.
Winnie Cooke

Pam Sawyer wrote:

>Since I don't have a subscription to Higher Ed. I wanted to access it
through the other link.  It doesn't seem to be active.  Could you check and
see if a letter is off?"
>Much appreciation,
>Pam Sawyer
>Eastfield College
>972-860-8337

>Dear Friends and Colleagues, Following is a summary of an article from the
recent issue of the Chronicle of Higher Education. "REMEDIAL COURSES appear
to improve poorly prepared college students' odds of eventually completing a
degree, two economists reported in a working paper distributed last week.
The new study arrives at a time when some state governments and university
systems are debating the cost-effectiveness of remedial programs." The
article talking about the report is available at the Chronicle web site
which may be password
protectedhttp://chronicle.com/daily/2005/06/2005061702n.htm However, the
actual report is available at http://papers.nber.org/papers/w11325.pdf Take
care,David David Arendale, Ph.D., Assistant ProfessorUniv. of Minnesota-Twin
Cities, General College128 Pleasant Street SE, 262 Appleby HallMinneapolis,
MN 55455  [log in to unmask](V) 612-625-2928; (F) 612-626-7848; (H)
763-574-0046http://arendale.org
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to
change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point
your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To
contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]

browser to

copies of the original message.

browser to