(610) 527-0200  x2366

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lau, Ira
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CD-Rom useage in a computer lab

More and more publishers of text books are including CD-Roms as an =
supplement to their curriculum.  I manage a computer lab in which more =
students are wanting to run these CD-Roms, but our computers, running =
Microsoft XP, have been setup not to allow programs from CD-Roms to run.
=20
How do your institutions handle the use of CD-Roms from text books?  Are =
there specific set of computers setup to handle this?  If so, are they =
also set up to print, since teachers need proof that students have done =
that work and/or exercises? =20
=20
We are having difficulty getting a clear solution.  Thanks for your help =
in advance.
=20