Amen to that!  Jan Heerspink

Janice Heerspink
Tutor Coordinator and Academic Counselor
Student Academic Services
Calvin College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
616-526-6073
>>> [log in to unmask] 06/13/05 7:50 AM >>>
Jeanne,

I am horrified to hear that you will be unsubscribing from this listserv!  Your
contributions both to this listserv and to the literature of developmental
education are imperative to our success as a field of research and practice.
Indeed, my dissertation lit review would be awfully slim were it not for the
existence of the work you and your colleagues at GC have had published in many
journals and also what you have published via CRDEUL.

This list serves as a critical link for those of us who are not (physically)
surrounded by colleagues in the field.  I hate to think that anyone would make
you feel that you can't post here.  I, for one, need your sage contributions.

I wonder if we need a second listserv that deals with policy and political
action in dev ed. and use this one for practice-related issues.  I don't care
to have them separate, but if the community is excommunicating one of our
finest, I think we might find a better solution.

Incidentally, please tell Dr. Chung that his recent paper is central to my lit
review for my diss proposal.

A million thank yous for what you have contributed to this field.  If you must
go, please don't go far!

Amy Crouse-Powers