I have just acquired, but not yet read, _Retaining African Americans in Higher
Education: Challenging Paradigms for Retaining Students, Faculty and
Administrators_.  Ed. Lee Jones, published by Stylus (styluspub.com).  ISBN:
1-57922-042-8.

Janice Heerspink
Tutor Coordinator and Academic Counselor
Student Academic Services
Calvin College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
616-526-6073
>>> [log in to unmask] 06/14/05 9:58 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment on or direct me toward instructive material on Learner
Assistance programs to support academic success for minority students?  We are
just now developing a project to do this here at URI, and I'd like to study
some successful models. I've just read with great interest Blake and Moore's
Retention and Graduation of Black Students: A Comprehensive Strategy in
Darancyk, Higbee and Britt Lindell's Best Practices for Retention in Higher
Education (I'm reading other chapters now).  I'm hoping some of you might be
interested in discussing your programs (on or off-list), or directing me to
useful literature...

Thanks...

David

David Hayes