Hi LRNASSTers,

There seems to be a misconception about this listserve.  There are no
editors or moderators.  I host the list and anything submitted goes
straight to the list.  I have on rare occasion informed subscribers of
complaints that were sent directly to me so that the "offender" could
know how his or her message was perceived.  I would not censor or remove
someone from the list without the written consent of the other subscribers.

It was never my intention to discourage anyone, especially Jeanne, from
participating fully in LRNASST-L.  However, what I thought was a win-win
suggestion resulted in Jeanne withdrawing from the list.   The General
College discussion on the listserve began April 1 and on April 18 the
LRNASSTers were invited by Jeanne to join CRDEUL's national data base to
keep people informed about what was happening with GC.  Because I had
had complaints about the quantity and political nature (lobbying) of
some of the email, I suggested privately that perhaps CRDEUL's new data
base could fill the need for information.  Thus, both groups would be
happy.  Unfortunately, my suggestion resulted in a vital member of our
group withdrawing.  I asked her then to reconsider and I have forwarded
each of your messages concerning GC to Jeanne so she is aware that you,
too, consider her participation important.

Thanks for your continued participation in this learning community.

Winnie Cooke

copies of the original message.

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L