Greetings Colleagues

We're looking for information on learning support/enhancement programs
for two groups - student athletes (specifically football players) and
graduate students.

For football players, we're looking for programs that have been
successful at addressing issues such as the learning environment and
culture of varsity sport teams, and the heavy time commitment to
extra-curricular activities that student athletes must make.  We're also
interested in how these programs support first-year players who may be
at greater academic risk because of low entering averages, as well as
returning students on academic probation or close to it.

For graduate students, we're looking for programs that recognize and
address their unique learning needs, including:

    *  time management and procrastination
    *  thesis management and project planning
    *  motivation and burn out
    *  note taking and managing information in a major research project
    *  preparing for comprehensive exams, written and oral
    *  presentation skills, including thesis defense, conference
      presentations
    *  preparing for and participating in seminar/discussion classes

Ideally, in both cases, we'd like to hear about established programs
that have a good track record of success and have been used as models
for programs elsewhere.
Please reply to [log in to unmask] OFF list. Thanks everyone!

Maryann Kope

Maryann Kope
Learning Services Co-ordinator
The Learning Commons
McLaughlin Library, University of Guelph
Phone: (519) 824-4120, ext. 58313
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:  www.learningcommons.uoguelph.ca/LearningServices/