We have taught learning styles to tutors by having them demonstrate to the rest of their break-out group how they would cover a concept using each of the learning styles.  We actually had one group doing a dance to show how cells interact for kinesthetic learners. Class interaction or some sort of challenge would help reinforce and personalize what was learned from their test results.

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/25/05 12:36 PM >>>
Hi-I am looking for suggestions on presenting information on Learning Styles to a large group (approximately 250) of freshmen at fall semester orientation.  In the past I have successfully shared information on learning styles in classroom settings.  As this is the second afternoon of a two day orientation, any suggestions to make this large group session as engaging as possible?

My understanding is that I present information to the large group, students are to complete a paper and pencil inventory, and then the students will break into their "orientation groups" with a faculty member as a facilitator to discuss the results and how this information can be applied to their classes.

Thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks,

Barbara Maurer

Director of Academic Support Services

Chestnut Hill College