I use mostly peer tutors in our LRC.  Peer tutors have taken the same
classes the students are struggling with.  The struggled too but were
successful.  They know what the instructors are looking for and they can
impart this to the students.

If you do a schedule for all available tutors, I believe this would
eliminate the pairing problems.  Also you might want to assign tutors to
instructors so that if a student from a particular instructor needs help
they would have a tutor that is already assigned to that class
available.

Hope this helps, Good luck.

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L