-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jessica Nettles
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: General College

I marvel that there should be "political" limits placed on the
list-serv. Where there is any sort of human discussion and discourse,
politics will be present (whether it's "in-your-face" or subtle). For a
group to say, "no political overtones" is asking the impossible. Even if
we don't agree in our politics (and I imagine that none of us are
exactly in step with one another) we have should be afforded the right
to explain and expound on what we see as justice or injustice in our
various systems.

What Jeanne did was highly informative, especially to someone like me
who is still rather new to the profession. It helped me to understand
just how much politics works within our various educational systems and
how important it is to be vocal about things that may be inherently
wrong.

Jeanne, don't leave the list-serv. I'm sure that there are many more
instructors who are still learning the things that I am and we need folk
like you that are willing to speak clearly and forcibly about issues
(even political issues) that will impact students, not just in your
community, but in all of our communities.

Jessica Nettles
Chattahoochee Technical College
Marietta, GA