I am also interested in the responses to this question also.
Thanks so much!!!
Sue Selde

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janice Heerspink
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ideas to Revamp Tutor Orientation?

Please send to the list or include me in your response.  Jan Heerspink

Janice Heerspink
Tutor Coordinator and Academic Counselor Student Academic Services
Calvin College Grand Rapids, Michigan
616-526-6073
>>> [log in to unmask] 06/03/05 4:05 PM >>>
I've been using the same orientation materials for new tutors for a few
years and I'm looking to revamp what I do. I have to cover a lot of
material in 1.5 hours: introduction to the program, tutor's role,
administration, payroll paperwork. Basically it's very dry, lecture
style as I have so much content and I admit, it's pretty boring. Any
ideas for quick and fun activities to wet potential new tutors'
appetites and still give me time to cover the admin requirements?

Thank you for any input :)

Julie Shattuck
Program Manager, Tutorial Services
Frederick Community College
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846 2523
Fax: (301) 624 2787

To unsubscribe,send a message to [log in to unmask] In body type:
SIGNOFF LRNASST-L

To subscribe, send email to [log in to unmask] Leave subject
blank.In body type: subscribe LRNASST-L