Leonard,

I think these are questions that require qualitative analysis, not just
quantitative (although quantitative analysis can reveal larger trends).
How would you determine the answers to this question?  What is the
research design?  We have to be careful that when we ask a question that
we don't answer it simply with anecdotal guesstimate.  (Although others
would say that qualitative measures are guilty of just that, with which
I do not agree, but that was another argument that Nic Voge handled much
more professionally and articulately than I can.)

I've written and erased a second paragraph to this several times because
it's too early in the day for me to start expounding on possible
research designs off the cuff here.  :)

Good luck with finding answers!

Amy

Amy Crouse-Powers
Senior Staff Assistant
Division of Graduate Studies, Continuing Education,
Summer Sessions & Learning Support
SUNY College at Oneonta