I am new to the list-serv but have enjoyed reading the
postings.

We would like to purchase software that the tutors in
our Learning Center— we offer tutoring in all areas
except math and science—can use with students during a
tutorial session. We currently have Inspiration,
Plato, College Experience: Strategies for Success,
Language Now, MS Office, and SPSS. I'd like to know if
anyone has suggestions about software you’ve found
particularly helpful and that we might consider
purchasing for the tutors to use with students.

Should it help you decide what recommendations to
make, we see students pursuing their B.A/BS. or
M.A/MS/Ms.Ed. According to our spring data, while we
offer tutoring in all subjects but the two listed
above, we saw many students who come in for help with
writing, accounting and economics and for help
preparing for the proficiency exams administered in
the City University of New York system.

If anyone would like to provide suggestions off list,
please email me at [log in to unmask] Thanks for
your help.

Marisol Jimenez
Assistant Director
Instructional Support Services Program