I am sending this on behalf of Dr. Ron Weisberger, President of LAANE.  If you have any questions please feel free to email him at [log in to unmask]

Thank You

Learning Assistance Association of New England (LAANE)
22nd Annual Conference
Friday, November 4, 2005
Rivier College/Nashua, NH

"Getting There and Staying There:Retention through Developmental Education"

The 2005 keynote speaker is Dr. Susan Thayer, Associate Dean of the College
of Arts and Sciences at Suffolk University, Boston, MA. Dr. Thayer has been
involved with both LAANE and NADE for many years. She is the Editor of the
NADE Self-Evaluation Guides: Models for Learning Assistance/Developmental
Programs and is the co-author of a number of articles including "Striving
for Excellence: program evaluation through national standards." Susan will
be discussing the idea of developmental educators as change agents,
particularly in relation to retention strategies.

At this time, the LAANE Conference Program Committee invites individuals to
submit proposals for our 22nd Annual Conference. We welcome and encourage
proposals that are innovative, informative, insightful, enjoyable -- and
related to this year's theme: "Getting There and Staying There: Retention
through Developmental Education." Again this year, we continue to look
particularly for proposals on math and science, career development, ESOL,
technology, and first-year experience programs.
Guidelines:
1. Please refer to the enclosed Program Presentation Proposal form for
detailed information.
2. Presentations are limited to one hour (60 minutes) in length.
3. Be sure to include your name, phone number and e-mail address on all
submitted materials - thank you!
4. Proposals must be postmarked or emailed no later than Monday, July
12, 2005.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not
hesitate to contact the Program Chairperson, Melissa Kelleher, as follows:
Melissa Kelleher, LAANE Program Chairperson
Northeastern University
Bouvé College of Health Sciences
120 Behrakis Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
617-373-7786 / [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Patricia Foley
Staff Associate, QUEST Program
Center for Developmental Education
Bristol Community College