More and more publishers of text books are including CD-Roms as an supplement to their curriculum.  I manage a computer lab in which more students are wanting to run these CD-Roms, but our computers, running Microsoft XP, have been setup not to allow programs from CD-Roms to run.

How do your institutions handle the use of CD-Roms from text books?  Are there specific set of computers setup to handle this?  If so, are they also set up to print, since teachers need proof that students have done that work and/or exercises?

We are having difficulty getting a clear solution.  Thanks for your help in advance.