FAX:  225 216 6837

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mary Robertson
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutoring Programs

Hi,

I am largely one of those individuals whom Winnie Cooke calls a "lurker"
in that I belong to this listserv but rarely contribute to it.  I agree
that there are many times when responses work well off list, but usually
I would rather spend a few extra minutes deleting unwanted material
rather than miss interesting information.  After all, one can always
delete whole batches of stuff unread and then at a later time go to,
let's say, the previous month's material in the archives and catch any
material deemed to be worthwhile in those precious spare time moments.
I say this because the material just listed responding to how a center
is operated is turning out to be more interesting to me than I would
have anticipated.  However, if the response had been off list I would
have missed.  I would rather see material as it appears because for me
it is generally faster to deal with my email on the day I receive it
rather than later.  In short,  I appreciate people's desire not to
"waste time," but please don't be so quick to demand offlist responses.
I am out here listening too.

Mary C. Robertson
La Salle University
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to
change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe),
point your web browser to
http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the
LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]