Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment on or direct me toward instructive material on Learner Assistance programs to support academic success for minority students?  We are just now developing a project to do this here at URI, and I'd like to study some successful models. I've just read with great interest Blake and Moore's Retention and Graduation of Black Students: A Comprehensive Strategy in Darancyk, Higbee and Britt Lindell's Best Practices for Retention in Higher Education (I'm reading other chapters now).  I'm hoping some of you might be interested in discussing your programs (on or off-list), or directing me to useful literature...

Thanks...

David

David Hayes
Director, Academic Enhancement Center