Dear Helene,

Elsevier's Science Direct is the distributor of the online version of
Social Networks. My institution has only subscribed for the most recent
volumes.
Take a look at:   http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/03788733

Furthermore: if you take a look at the Web of Science:
http://isi15.isiknowledge.com/portal.cgi/wos
You will find 12 references to the Sudman article.

Kind regards,
Carlo Hagemann