I found a yellow-bellied type kingbird where the creek crosses Bald Pt. Rd.
a little bit after 8 PM.  I saw no white in the tail, the tail had a notch
in it when the bird flew, the bill looked large for Western Kingbird.  It
went to bed in some shrubbery after 8:30.  Hopefully it'll stay tomorrow.

While I was waiting for John Murphy to come see the kingbird I heard a
Whip-poor-will singing!  John arrived too late for the kingbird, but did
get to hear the Whip.  This is about a month later than my previous late date.

I had a female or immature Ruby-throated Hummingbird visit the yard
today.  Also, a slick looking F/immature Blue Grosbeak was a brief
visitor.  John has found Blue Grosbeaks singing in  the interior of Bald
Pt. State Park, and this may have been a wandering young bird.  Anyway they
are rare this time of year this close to the beach.

Jack Dozier
Alligator Pt., FL