  Andrew & All,

  Most Gray Catbirds nest north of Gainesville, so any records south of
there are noteworthy.  As far as I know there are only a couple of
confirmed breeding records in Orange County. If your birds nest again
next year, try to get a photo.  If this year's nest is available, clip
it out of the bush & get it to the collection at UCF.  You don't have to
worry, catbirds build a new nest every year.

If anybody is wondering about the breeding status of any species in
Florida, the best resource is online at http://fosbirds.org. Just click
on Breeding Bird Atlas. The species are listed in alphabetical order. If
you find a breeding species that you feel is out of range, try to get a
photo without causing any disturbance to the birds.

Data collection for the Breeding Bird Atlas was completed almost 15
years ago, & breeding ranges of many species do expand & contact over
the years, so don't be too surprised by what you might find.  Just get a
photo.

  Wes Biggs
   Orlando