Hey Everybirdy,

  Alex VInokur, Jack and I went out to bird a bit today.  Were  hoping the
rain would hold up for a while, and it did.  The overcast made  it muggy but a
nice alternative to being cooked for a day! lol
  Passed a few Wild Turkeys on SR 50 in x-mas on our way east.
 At the REfuge, the highlights were:
 Found several Gray Kingbirds, one or two on the Canvaeral Seashore  main
road, L-POnd Rd, and Biolab RD.
  1 Am. White Pelican on Biolab Rd was a bit of a suprise
  Willets all along, found some fledglings here and there as  well
  4 or 5 White-rumped Sandpipers on both Biolab and Blackpoint  Dr
  Alex spotted a Whimbrel flying north off of the "Seashore" and 1  Northern
Gannet.
  Common Nighthawk still chillin by stop 6 on Blackpoint
  - a little off topic but a noteworthy sighting was a 3 foot King  Snake on
L-Pond Rd!!
  Very small groups of Semipalmated Sandpipers are scattered  throughout the
place.  One in particular along Blackpoint had an infected  or deformed lower
mandible but seemed to be feeding fine.

  On our way back into Orlando, we decided to make a quick run through  a
road or two at Tosahatchee WMA in the hopes of sniffing out a Hairy Woodpecker
for the heck of it!
  Before the entrance, we stopped by the narrow bridge on Taylor Creek  Road,
as something caughtour eye flying acroos the road.
  Tufted Titmice, 1 Red-eyed Vireo, 1 Northern Parula
  Halfway along Beehead Rd, a Northern Bobwhite calling.
Several Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers
3+ Red-bellied Woodpeckers
  a little further on up the road Alex thought he heard a Bachman's  Sparrow
but we could not locate it.
  At least two more N. Parulas
  Carolina Wren
  Eastern Towhees (more than one!)
  More Titmice
another noteworthy "off-topic" sighting was a Sherman Fox Squirrel.
  As luck would have it, after dropping Alex off and returning home,  the
Mrs. calls to tell me the Mississippi KIte has returned to the Visitor's  Center
parking lot!!
  "ring, ring"....hello Alex?.....You're not going to believe this,
but.......LOL

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville, FL.
_http://www.geocities.com/woundedmallard67/tbirds.html_
(http://www.geocities.com/woundedmallard67/tbirds.html)

"With most far-reaching industrial undertakings, ....., the  profoundest
ecological changes are rarely foreseen. Of those that are, the worst  among them
are usually ignored."
Mark Jerome  Walters-"A Shadow and a Song"