I've not seen any catbirds in the yard in some time but I have been sharing
one lone female American Goldfinch with my neighbor since the last "flock"
left. She's molted in some streaks of yellow but still looks mostly dull.
Other than her molt, she looks healthy - eyes open, energetically feeding,
and not just sitting long periods like other "sick" birds have done.

No hummer migration to speak of this year. Lots of young cardinals in the
yard today. White-winged Doves continue to clean me out of Safflower. Lots
of caterpillars are unsuccessfully trying to keep the vines pruned. It does
make for quite the butterfly filled garden though.

Steve

Steve Backes
Valrico, FL